The Rapid Response Team at CAREER OPPORTUNITIES provides early intervention re-employment services to companies and their employees affected by layoffs and closing.
BENEFITS FOR AFFECTED EMPLOYEES
Outplacement services provide an effective and smooth transition to new employment for all your affected employees. These professional services are offered on-site at your facility and are available to you at no cost. Among the services offered are:
- Unemployment insurance
- Career counseling
- Job search assistance
- Resume preparation assistance
- Interviewing skills workshops and other related job search workshops
- Information on the local labor market
- Information about education and training opportunities
- Information on health benefits and pensions
- AFL-CIO Rapid Response services when unions are involved
More individualized one-on-one services are available at CAREER OPPORTUNITIES or at your place of business.
BENEFITS TO THE EMPLOYER
- Higher productivity during layoff event
- Lower absenteeism among workers
- Lower unemployment insurance costs as employees are re-employed more quickly when services are provided prior to layoff
- Decreased likelihood of sabotage or work disruptions.
- Media and rumor management.
Better public relations for an employer
If these layoffs are the result of foreign trade the Mass Commonwealth ‘s Rapid Response team will work with you to provide information on the Trade Adjustment Act and the benefits workers can receive if the layoffs are a result of foreign trade.
If you are experiencing a temporary slowdown, the Work sharing Program is an alternative to layoffs because it allows workers in an entire company, department, or small unit within the company to share reduced work hours while also collecting unemployment insurance benefits to supplement their reduced wages.
Contact: Neila Neary at 508-862-6134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.