FIND THE RIGHT RESOURCE FOR YOU.
“Hiring and Finding a Job During COVID-19” – features an interview with Kara Galvin, Executive Director of the MassHire Cape & Islands Workforce Board, and Neila Neary and Martha Burzycki of the MassHire Cape & Islands Career Center. Whether you’re navigating the unknown of unemployment and furloughs, a job seeker looking for your next opportunity, or an employer trying to fill vacant positions, COVID-19 has undoubtedly presented a set of new and unique challenges around careers and employment.
What kind of resources can we help you find today?
We offer the following services to employers in search of candidates to fill their staffing needs.
- Job postings: Post your job opening with us at no charge
- Job matching: Receive assistance in finding the right candidate to meet your needs
- Prescreening: We can pre-screen the candidates to narrow the selection down
- Customized hiring events: Save time and money by interviewing multiple job candidates at one time in one place at no charge. Use one of the career center’s interview rooms at no charge to hold your own hiring event
- Industry briefings: Join with others in your industry to present to a local audience of job seekers, the most current information on your industry, i.e. labor requirements, growth opportunities, salary ranges, education/certification needed for positions, etc.
- Information sessions: Present information about your company and the job opportunities offered, along with other pertinent information to a local audience
- Industry job fairs: Participate in a job fair at MassHire, where all exhibitors are from the same industry. There is a minimal charge to participate
Enter your job order on to Job Quest for Employers, which reaches Massachusetts job seekers
Access Labor Market Information and/or Information on Unemployment Insurance
Participate in our Job Fairs conducted during the year. For more information contact Cathie LeBlanc at 508.862.6128 or firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB SEEKER RESOURCES
Explore our library of resources that have been curated with you in mind. The links below will take you to outside websites.
We open many doors for Out of School Youth and Young Adults Ages 16-24.
The Opportunities are Endless!
On the job training – earn the training wages of the job you are learning.
Paid internships – earn $12 per hour for up to 40 hours per week during this internship period.
We will pay up to $15,000 for a certificate or skills training program that will prepare you for a career that is in demand, such as Certified Nurses Aide, Medical Assistant, Truck Driver, etc.
Computer Literacy – Learn Windows10 , Word 2016, Excel 2016, Outlook 2016, and PowerPoint 2016.
HI-SET PREPARATION AND REMEDIATION
Academic preparation to take and pass the HI-SET High School Equivalency Examination.
Low academic scores? Be tutored in the academic subject area where improvement is needed.
CAREER GUIDANCE SUPPORT
Career Consultant available to provide guidance and support with helping youth and young adults identify career goals and steps needed to move forward into a particular career.
For more information and to find out if you are eligible for any of the above options, call LAURA at (508) 862-6133 or text her at (508) 776-5737
THE YOUNG PARENT PROGRAM
This program is for pregnant and parenting teens ages 14 to 23 ½ who have left school without a high school diploma. Young parents prepare for the GED exam and upon completion enter employment or go on to further training. The program operates the required number of hours per week needed to be in compliance with DTA.
For information contact Laura Romanelli at 508.862.6133 or text her at 508.776.5737