Workforce Development Employer Liaison for MassHire Cape and Islands Career Center
Employer: Job Training & Employment Corporation
This is a 35- hour work week position.
Starting Salary: $49,500-$53,500 plus excellent benefits
Send cover letter and resume by 12:00 p.m., EST, Friday, June 17, 2022 to email@example.com.
The Workforce Development Employer Liaison is a newly funded MassHire position created to support employer engagement activities in alignment with up-skilling and re-skilling related grants and related talent pipeline development strategies. The Workforce Development Employer Liaison builds relationships with businesses seeking trained workers to fill open positions in the region’s priority industries and occupations; and guides them towards relevant funding and grant opportunities in the state, and training partners including regional educational institutions. The Workforce Development Employer Liaison also identifies and engages with community-based organizations within the region to collaborate to expand awareness, recruitment and participation of under and unemployed adult workers/job seekers to become re-employed in high demand industries.
This position requires a schedule that includes both field and in-office activities. The Workforce Development Employer Liaison is responsible for maintaining and submitting weekly progress reports detailing contacts, employers’ workforce development assessments, referrals to training providers and resources, and outcomes.
The Workforce Development Employer Liaison performance will be evaluated based on monthly target outcomes for connecting businesses to existing and new training partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- Experience in Business Development, B2B Sales or Workforce Development or a combination of training and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills -both verbal and written
- Excellent listening skills
- Reliable transportation – mileage provided
- Familiarity with Cape and Islands business community a plus.